Thursday, September 2, 2010

Milestone

Misty Scmidt Photography
Today was a major milestone in the Geesling house.  Kayley, my oldest daughter, is growing up right before our eyes.  You see just a few short weeks ago she was determined and adamant that she was a tomboy.  I would beg her to comb her hair, wear something other than shorts and ratty t-shirts, take a shower more than every three days, and she would roll her eyes and say, "but I am a tomboy mom!"  But something has happened in these first few weeks of 6th grade.  It started with the hair....she was combing it and putting it in a messy bun.  She said, "mom how does it look?".  Then last night, she announced she was getting up early this morning to curl her hair before school (breaking out the hopeful Christmas present I bought last year).  She coordinated her outfit, shaved her legs and set her alarm to get up early.  WOW!  My tomboy is still there, but is slowing fading as this beautiful girl is blooming.  As she left the house this morning, my husband Eric turned to me and said have you noticed how much she has grown up??  I replied, "yes I have, you know she is going to be asking to wear makeup soon."  He groaned and shook his head as he walked out the door.  Yep, he is in BIG trouble!

1 comment:

  1. Kayley girl no more! I can't believe how time flies. Watch out Daddy!

    ReplyDelete