Thursday, August 19, 2010

Technology and Farming

Ok so I just said to my husband, "Look I started a blog for the farm."  He says, "ok. I don't know what I am looking at but looks good."  Not exactly the glowing praise I was looking for....you see, he is not techie kind of guy.  He was literally born in the wrong century.  He may be a child of the technology age but he just didn't get wired for it I guess.  He would much rather be out on his horse gathering cattle.  The cattle and horses don't ask for passwords or give error messages.  They don't ask for verification or require spam filters.  If you ask him for any of that stuff you will get a look that says, "huh?".  The man is amazing though, he can tear apart a tractor engine and completely rebuild it, put it back together and it will run but he can't for the life of him figure out how to get into email.   Alas he cannot hide from the 21st century forever, because he discovered how wonderful it can be when we upgraded to GPS and auto steer in our tractor last year.  Yes, I said auto steer.  The tractor will steer itself thru the field and all you have to do is sit there and be bored.  (as an editorial: He has informed me that it is not time to be bored, it is rather the time to check the progress and focus on the job. )  He has decided that not all advances are bad.  Maybe he will join us in the 21st century soon.

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your husband sounds like mine--except mine HAD to deal with lots of technology while being an administrator in Alaska. But now that he has been out of it for a year he is back to knowing "nothing." I get frustrated with him b/c he gets REAL frustrated trying to do anything on the computer.

    ReplyDelete